If a patron requests a material that our library does not own and has available for circulation, we can request this material from other libraries within the state.
- A patron must have a library card prior to making an ILL request.
- We are only able to request two materials for a patron at one time.
- We are unable to request materials that are available at MPL but are out on loan, unless they are long overdue. (six weeks or more)
- A patron can only request the same material twice a year. For example, if a patron requests an item they will need to wait six months after the initial request to have this item supplied again.
- The lending library sets the date the material will be due.
- We can request a renewal for an ILL, however, the decision is up to the lending library.
- The fine for an overdue ILL is 0.50 per day past the due date, with no grace period.
- A patron must have a card in good standing with no restrictions.
- A patron is given a week to pick the material up. The material will be returned to the lender after that period.
- We are unable to request materials that are newer than 12 months.
- We are unable to request CDs, or films on VHS, or DVDs.
Click the button below to place a request:Open Resource