Playaways are digital recordings of books preloaded into a pocket-sized device. They run on AAA batteries and require ear phones to listen to the story. The unit allows the listener to reverse and fast forward, change the volume, and change the speed of the playback. It also automatically bookmarks the place where the story stopped, and will start at that spot the next time the unit is activated.
Circulation policy for Playaways:
- 2 week circulation with 2 renewals and 5 day grace period.
- They will have a call number and collection code (PLAY) that differentiates them from books on CD or cassette.
- Users will need to provide their own ear phones or cable for connecting the device to their car stereo or other audio system.
- Batteries will not be included with the Playaway unit and the public will be notified upon checkout that they need to provide their own batteries.
This PDF document provides instructions on how to use the Playaway device: Playaway Instructions
Playaway Views provide a pre-loaded video on a 3.5″ full color LCD display with a rechargeable battery that provides up to 8 hours of viewing. The Playaway Views have built-in speakers, but you can also plug in your own headphones.
Circulation policy for Playaway Views:
- Playaway Views can be checked out for four (4) days. There is no grace period for Playaway Views. The fine is $1 per calendar day per item.
- Playaway Views must be returned INSIDE the Library. Patrons who return Playaway Views in the outdoor book bin will be fine $1 per item.
- Playaway Views must be returned to the Meadville Public Library. Overdue fines will be charged if they are returned to another library.
- Playaway Views cannot be renewed.
- Playaway Views must be checked out on an adult card. There is a limit of four (4) per card.
This PDF document provides instructions on how to use the Playaway View device: Playaway View Instructions
For further information on the Playaway format, visit www.playaway.com.