Effective Saturday, March 14, the Meadville Public Library is temporarily closed to the public and will remain closed as a precautionary measure to help limit the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). Library staff will continue to monitor the situation and share developments as new information becomes available.
We know that closing the library to patrons may present a hardship to many of you, so please let us know if any specific library or information needs arise and we will do our best to help you find other ways to meet them. Staff will continue to monitor the library’s email account and will attempt to answer questions you may have at this time.
Please do not return borrowed materials during this time. We will waive all fines and fees incurred during this period.
We thank our patrons for understanding and for being a part of our library. We will continue to share updates with you and we look forward to welcoming back our patrons to the library when we reopen.
Free Online Resources
- Overdrive (eBooks! Audiobooks!)
- BookFlix (Kids eBooks and Videos!)
- LibriVox (Audiobooks!)
- Internet Archive (Film! TV! Music!)
- Met Opera (Opera!)
- Software Library (Games!)
- TrueFlix (Kids Nonfiction!)
- eSebco (Kids eBooks!)
- EBSCO (Research!)
- Pronunciator (Learn Languages!)
- Universal Class (Learn Everything!)
- PennState Extension (College Courses!)
- Support Local (Help Small Businesses!)
- Community Resources
COVID-19 Information and Resources
Pennsylvania Department of Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Preventing COVID-19 from Spreading in Communities
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and Businesses and Employers
- Coronavirus Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- Coronavirus Fact Sheet (PDF)
World Health Organisation