In addition to the Library’s big spring and fall book sales there is an ongoing sale located on the Library’s Main Floor. Most fiction and non-fiction books are priced at $2.50 to $3.00, however there are often vintage or collectible books that would make great gifts. These are just a few of our current offerings:
- The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night; a Plain and Literal Translation of the Arabian Nights Entertainments (Complete 16-volume set of 10 volumes plus 6 supplemental volumes) privately printed by The Burton Club ($195.00)
- History of Crawford County, 1885, 2-volume reprint edition ($40.00)
- In French Creek Valley inscribed and signed by author, John Earle Reynolds ($40.00)
- The Pittsburgh Steelers; a Pictorial History by Pat Livingston ($30.00)
- Super Steelers; the Making of a Dynasty by Lou Sahadi ($10.00)
- The Cleveland Indians Encyclopedia, 2nd Edition by Russell Schneider ($25.00)
- Twenty Million Tons Under the Sea; the daring Capture of the U-505 by Daniel Galley ($4.50)
- Try and Trust by Horatio Alger, Jr., circa 1900 ($9.00)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012-2013 (Ex-library $4.00)
- College Blue Book, 2013, 6-volume set (Ex-library $10.00)
Autographed books by John Grisham, Clive Cussler and Jane K. Cleland
Don’t have an ereader? Want to check out our ebooks through CCFLS eStacks?
You check out books at the library but did you know we have more books available online? Many of them can be read on any computer right in the browser. Others you have to download to a device. If you don’t have an ereader and you’d like to read some of these books, you do have another option. You can check out a Sony Ereader for two weeks from the Fiction Department. You will have to supply some information and agree to our policy. Check with the Fiction Department for more information.
Meadville Public Library is proud to announce our newest resource: Pronunciator!
You can learn 80 languages and choose which of 50 languages you want to learn from. It’s as simple as telling Pronunciator what language you speak and what language you’d like to learn. You can learn French if you’re a native Spanish speaker. Or brush up on your English.
Registering is easy. Fill in an optional email address and your library card number and you’re ready to go. Learn on your computer browser or download an app for iPad, iPod, iPhone, or Android tablet or phones. Learn through the postcards. Practice your new language with drills. Test yourself with the quizzes provided.
Click here to get started!
You can now find all of our Overdrive ebooks listed in our Catalog. Use the Advanced Search feature and select the “Electronic Resources” Library. Scroll down and choose the “Overdrive Estacks” option to limit the search. You can search for a particular author, title, keyword, or subject or just hit “Search” to see all the books we have.
Click on a title and look for the “Click to access digital title” link in blue to take you directly to the book in the Overdrive Estacks. You can also see an image of the book cover or read an excerpt (if available).
To check out the ebook, you’ll have to log in with your library card number.