The Spring Used Book Sale will be held Thursday, April 24th through Saturday, April 26th at the Helene Barco-Duratz Cultural Center located at 411 Chestnut Street. The hours are as follows:
Saturday: 9:30am-2:30pm (Bag Day)
If you have books to donate, please hold on to them until after the sale. We’re not taking donations at this time, since we have to organize what we already have for the sale. Future donations will be used for the Fall sale.
The Meadville Public Library would like to thank all the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) volunteers for all their hard work. Meadville VITA prepared 791 federal income tax returns over nine weeks, an increase of 85% over last year. Meadville VITA estimated this saved the local taxpayers approximately $79,000 in tax preparation fees. Total refunds equaled $684,650!
If you have questions or comments for Meadville VITA, you can contact them at: email@example.com.
The Young Adult Summer Reading Club planning is underway. There will be a full calendar of crafts, which means we need some supplies. If you can, help us out by collecting and donating the following items:
- Disposable aluminum pie plates
- Small boxes (cereal, kleenex, cracker, etc.)
- 2 quart milk/juice cartons with screw top lids
- Small lids (from milk jugs, pop bottles, etc.)
- Water bottles
- Paper towel,wrapping paper, and toilet paper tubes
- Aluminum foil
- Packing tape, colored electrical tape, or colored duct tape
- Small toys, silk flowers, or any kind of small trinket or cutout. (Small items that will produce an image on sun sensitive paper.)
- Small foam paint brushes
- Brown acrylic paint
- Large and small craft sticks
- Material scraps
- Wrapping paper scraps
- Colorful chenille stems (pipe cleaners)
- Beads, gemstones
- Pom poms
Items can be dropped off at the Fiction Desk. And thanks for your help!
From March 17 to April 4, the Meadville Public Library will be conducting a survey on technology usage and how the Library can best serve the population. You can take the survey online or in a written format. The producers of the survey estimate that it should take between 10-15 minutes for you to complete. While you do not have to answer every question, the more questions you answer the fuller our understanding of your needs will be.