We’ve been working on redesigning our website. We hope it will be easier for you to find what you’re looking for. We’ve moved a few things around, provided quick links to social media and added some sections that represent what you’ve said you use the library internet computers to do.
In the menu bar, you’ll find About the Library which gives you more information about supporting the library and what, how, and why we do the things we do here. Departments lists the various library departments. Directions provides directions to the library while News & Weather lists links to local forecasts and news sources. There are a couple of different ways for you to find the CCFLS eStacks, our ebooks from Overdrive. Either follow the link in the menu or under Ebooks or click on the icon just below the menu bar on the upper left of the page. New Items gives you a direct link to lists of items added to our collection each month. You can find other county libraries under CCFLS Libraries. Lastly, we have the Ebooks menu item that lists links to different sources we have available for library patrons to access ebooks.
Further down the page you’ll find our usual news and reminders, links to our electronic resources, and a way to log into your library account or search the catalog. Under the I’m interested in: section are a number of pages that direct you to more information on various subjects. Look around. If you can’t something, you can use the search function in the menu bar (click on the magnifying glass). If you need to ask us a question, scroll down to the bottom of the page and fill out the form. There you’ll also find the calendar, our hours and our contact information.
Pennsylvania residents now have free access to the Pennsylvania State Archives records through a partnership with Ancestry.com. They have been working to digitize family records to make them available online. Follow this link for more information on access to Ancestry.com Pennsylvania records.
Join us on Tuesdays at 2:00 p.m. for Arts and Crafts for the following themes:
- June 17 — Density
- June 24 — Bubble Science
- July 1 — Sound
- July 8 — Wind & Weather
- July 15 — Sunlight Science
- July 22 — Capillary Action
The Pet Show will be held July 12th at 10:00 a.m. in the Library’s side yard.
The Summer Reading Club Wrap-up Party is August 1 at 10:00 a.m.
Spark a Reaction with the YA Summer Reading Club. Join us for crafts and science experiments, enter YA prize drawings and read read read for entries into the grand prizes.
June 2, 2014 – SRC Pre-Registration
June 9, 2014 – SRC Begins
June 16, 2014 – Catapults/Make Your Own Slime – 2:00 P.M.
June 18, 2014 – Book Review/Puzzle – Prize Drawing
June 23, 2014 – Stepping Stones – 2:00 P.M.
June 30, 2014 – Star Wars Finger Puppets – 2:00 P.M.
July 7, 2014 – Robots – 2:00 P.M.
July 9, 2014 – Book Review/Puzzle – Prize Drawing
July 14, 2014 – Sun Sensitive Paper Images – 2:00 P.M.
July 21, 2014 – Hoop Gliders/Start Wookiee Bird Feeder – 2:00 P.M.
July 28, 2014 – Star Wars Wookiee Bird Feeder – 2:00 P.M.
July 30, 2014 – Book Review/Puzzle – Prize Drawing
August 1, 2014 – SRC Party – Games, Prizes, Food, & Fun – 2:00 P.M.
In addition to the Library’s big spring and fall book sales there is an ongoing sale located on the Library’s Main Floor. Most fiction and non-fiction books are priced at $2.50 to $3.00, however there are often vintage or collectible books that would make great gifts. These are just a few of our current offerings:
- The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night; a Plain and Literal Translation of the Arabian Nights Entertainments (Complete 16-volume set of 10 volumes plus 6 supplemental volumes) privately printed by The Burton Club ($195.00)
- History of Crawford County, 1885, 2-volume reprint edition ($40.00)
- In French Creek Valley inscribed and signed by author, John Earle Reynolds ($40.00)
- The Pittsburgh Steelers; a Pictorial History by Pat Livingston ($30.00)
- Super Steelers; the Making of a Dynasty by Lou Sahadi ($10.00)
- The Cleveland Indians Encyclopedia, 2nd Edition by Russell Schneider ($25.00)
- Twenty Million Tons Under the Sea; the daring Capture of the U-505 by Daniel Galley ($4.50)
- Try and Trust by Horatio Alger, Jr., circa 1900 ($9.00)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012-2013 (Ex-library $4.00)
- College Blue Book, 2013, 6-volume set (Ex-library $10.00)
Autographed books by John Grisham, Clive Cussler and Jane K. Cleland