Pennsylvania residents now have free access to the Pennsylvania State Archives records through a partnership with Ancestry.com. They have been working to digitize family records to make them available online. Follow this link for more information on access to Ancestry.com Pennsylvania records.
Join us on Tuesdays at 2:00 p.m. for Arts and Crafts for the following themes:
- June 17 — Density
- June 24 — Bubble Science
- July 1 — Sound
- July 8 — Wind & Weather
- July 15 — Sunlight Science
- July 22 — Capillary Action
The Pet Show will be held July 12th at 10:00 a.m. in the Library’s side yard.
The Summer Reading Club Wrap-up Party is August 1 at 10:00 a.m.
Spark a Reaction with the YA Summer Reading Club. Join us for crafts and science experiments, enter YA prize drawings and read read read for entries into the grand prizes.
June 2, 2014 – SRC Pre-Registration
June 9, 2014 – SRC Begins
June 16, 2014 – Catapults/Make Your Own Slime – 2:00 P.M.
June 18, 2014 – Book Review/Puzzle – Prize Drawing
June 23, 2014 – Stepping Stones – 2:00 P.M.
June 30, 2014 – Star Wars Finger Puppets – 2:00 P.M.
July 7, 2014 – Robots – 2:00 P.M.
July 9, 2014 – Book Review/Puzzle – Prize Drawing
July 14, 2014 – Sun Sensitive Paper Images – 2:00 P.M.
July 21, 2014 – Hoop Gliders/Start Wookiee Bird Feeder – 2:00 P.M.
July 28, 2014 – Star Wars Wookiee Bird Feeder – 2:00 P.M.
July 30, 2014 – Book Review/Puzzle – Prize Drawing
August 1, 2014 – SRC Party – Games, Prizes, Food, & Fun – 2:00 P.M.
In addition to the Library’s big spring and fall book sales there is an ongoing sale located on the Library’s Main Floor. Most fiction and non-fiction books are priced at $2.50 to $3.00, however there are often vintage or collectible books that would make great gifts. These are just a few of our current offerings:
- The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night; a Plain and Literal Translation of the Arabian Nights Entertainments (Complete 16-volume set of 10 volumes plus 6 supplemental volumes) privately printed by The Burton Club ($195.00)
- History of Crawford County, 1885, 2-volume reprint edition ($40.00)
- In French Creek Valley inscribed and signed by author, John Earle Reynolds ($40.00)
- The Pittsburgh Steelers; a Pictorial History by Pat Livingston ($30.00)
- Super Steelers; the Making of a Dynasty by Lou Sahadi ($10.00)
- The Cleveland Indians Encyclopedia, 2nd Edition by Russell Schneider ($25.00)
- Twenty Million Tons Under the Sea; the daring Capture of the U-505 by Daniel Galley ($4.50)
- Try and Trust by Horatio Alger, Jr., circa 1900 ($9.00)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012-2013 (Ex-library $4.00)
- College Blue Book, 2013, 6-volume set (Ex-library $10.00)
Autographed books by John Grisham, Clive Cussler and Jane K. Cleland
The Spring Used Book Sale will be held Thursday, April 24th through Saturday, April 26th at the Helene Barco-Duratz Cultural Center located at 411 Chestnut Street. The hours are as follows:
Saturday: 9:30am-2:30pm (Bag Day)
If you have books to donate, please hold on to them until after the sale. We’re not taking donations at this time, since we have to organize what we already have for the sale. Future donations will be used for the Fall sale.